|Toaru Majutsu no Index SS|
|Date of Release||July 10, 2007|
|ISBN Numbers|| ISBN 4840239126|
|Number of Pages||241 pages|
|Cover Character/s|| (clockwise, from upper left) Kanzaki Kaori, Sasha Kreutzev, Last Order, Yomikawa Aiho, Tsukuyomi Komoe, Index, Misaka Misuzu, Himegami Aisa, Fukiyose Seiri, Tsuchimikado Motoharu|
(center) Accelerator and Kamijou Touma
|Previous Volume||Volume 13|
|Next Volume||Volume 14|
Toaru Majutsu no Index SS was first published on July 10, 2007, technically making it the 14th novel published in the series. Despite its name, much of the story is dedicated to Touma and Accelerator's point-of-view, which later converges in the end. It also features Hamazura Shiage, the future third protagonist of the series. The "SS" part is likely taken from the side story of the girls from the Necessarius through Kanzaki Kaori's point-of-view. This is the first sidestory novel by the author Kamachi Kazuma, a format which would later be a recurring staple in expanding the world of Toaru Majusu no Index.
It is also notable for being the first novel published after the debut of the Toaru Kagaku no Railgun manga.
- Prologue: The Calm Before the Start of War — Breakfast.
- Chapter 1: Pot with Meat and the Appetite for Great Tactics — A_Required_Thing.
- Chapter 2: A Dull Gray Alley — Skill_Out.
- Chapter 3: Women’s Dorm of the Anglican Church — Russian_Roulette.
- Chapter 4: A Drunk Mother’s Circumstances — The_Two_Leading_Roles.
- Epilogue: A Single Will and a Small Key — The_Present_Target.