|Toaru Majutsu no Index|
|Date of Release||April 10, 2004|
|ISBN Numbers|| ISBN 484022658X|
|Number of Pages||312 pages|
|Next Volume||Volume 2|
The first Toaru Majutsu no Index light novel volume was first published on April 10, 2004. It is the first novel in the Toaru Majutsu no Index series and the debut novel of Kamachi Kazuma for Dengeki Bunko. The volume was later localized in Chinese for release in Taiwan and Hong Kong on August 29, 2007 and Mainland China on February 2, 2012. An English version of the volume was released on November 18, 2014.
It depicts Kamijou Touma, a hapless young man with the Imagine Breaker living in Academy City, the city of science and esper powers, meeting Index, a girl from the mysterious world of magic, who will forever change his life.
In the balcony of my room, a snow-white nun suddenly falls from the sky.
Kamijou Touma mutters, and the girl that looks like a nun had this to say: "I had escaped from the world of magic and came here."
This is the place where people recognize "supernatural powers" as an "ordinary science"... the anti-occult Academy City.
Touma is soon accompanied by this mysterious girl named Index when a real magician suddenly appears from behind them!
Thus presenting this anticipated school action story of a newcomer!
NOTE: The misspelled word "Egde" (edge) exists in both versions.
- Prologue: The Tale of the Illusion Killer Boy — The_Imagine-Breaker.
- Chapter 1: The Magician Lands in the Town — FAIR,_Occasionally_GIRL.
- Chapter 2: The Conjurer Bestows Demise — The_7th-Egde.
- Chapter 3: The Grimoire Peacefully Smiles — "Forget_me_not."
- Chapter 4: The Retiring Magician Chooses the End — (N)Ever_Say_Good_bye.
- Epilogue: The Conclusion of the Index of Prohibited Books Girl — Index-Librorum-Prohibitorum.
Yen Press ReleaseEdit
- Prologue: The Tale of the Boy Who Could Kill Illusions — The_Imagine-Breaker.
- Chapter 1: The Magician Stands Atop the Tower — FAIR,_Occasionally_GIRL.
- Chapter 2: The Miracle Worker Grants Death — The_7th-Egde.
- Chapter 3: The Grimoire Smiles Quietly — "Forget_me_not."
- Chapter 4: The Exorcist Decides the Ending — (N)Ever_Say_Good_bye.
- Final Chapter: The Forbidden Book Girl's Conclusion — Index-Librorum-Prohibitorum.
|Date of Release|
高中生上条當麻的房間裡，突然出現了一位從天而降的白衣修女。 她自稱為「禁書目錄」，是從魔法世界逃出來的， 但是上条卻因為她，而就此一頭栽進了超自然現象的世界…
|A Certain Magical Index Volume 1|
|Date of Release||November 18, 2014|
|Number of Pages||224 pages|
| A certain unlikely hero…
Touma Kamijou has the worst luck imaginable… Sure he’s a citizen of Academy City, a scientific marvel of the modern world where superhuman abilities are artificially cultivated and commonplace, but when it comes to paranormal talent, Kamijou’s been classified a Level Zero-a loser, basically. Oh, he does have one trick up his sleeve (literally), but even that’s more trouble than it’s worth.
When Kamijou encounters a delusional young girl convinced she’s a nun and raving about being chased by evil sorcerers, he’s eager to send her on her way and get back to failing his studies. Fate, it would seem though, has other ideas, and he suddenly finds himself caught up in a supernatural intrigue with a girl named “Index” at the center!
Science and magic collide in this first volume of one of the most popular light novel series ever penned!
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 とある魔術の禁書目録（著者：鎌池和馬） from ASCII Mediaworks. Retrieved on 2014/1/10.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 魔法禁書目錄 (1) from Kadokawa Taiwan (Chinese). Retrieved on 25/5/2014.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 魔法禁書目錄 from Wikipedia (Chinese). Retrieved on 25/5/2014.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 A Certain Magical Index, Vol. 1. Hachette Group. Retrieved on 25/5/2014.