|Toaru Majutsu no Index|
|Date of Release||April 10, 2004|
|ISBN Numbers|| ISBN 484022658X|
|Number of Pages||297 pages|
|Next Volume||Volume 02|
The first Toaru Majutsu no Index light novel volume was first published on April 10, 2004. It depicts Kamijou Touma a hapless young man with the Imagine Breaker living in Academy City, the city of science and esper powers, meeting Index, a girl from the mysterious world magic, who will forever change his life.
In the balcony of my room, a snow-white nun suddenly falls from the sky.
Kamijou Touma mutters, and the girl that looks like a nun had this to say: "I had escaped from the world of magic and came here."
This is the place where people recognize "supernatural powers" as an "ordinary science"... the anti-occult Academy City.
Touma is soon accompanied by this mysterious girl named Index when a real magician suddenly appears from behind them!
Thus presenting this anticipated school action story of a newcomer!
- Prologue: The Tale of the Illusion Killer Boy — The_Imagine-Breaker.
- Chapter 1: The Magician Lands in the Town — FAIR,_Occasionally_GIRL.
- Chapter 2: The Conjurer Bestows Demise — The_7th-Egde.
- Chapter 3: The Grimoire Peacefully Smiles — "Forget_me_not."
- Chapter 4: The Retiring Magician Chooses the End — (N)Ever_Say_Good_bye.
- Epilogue: The Conclusion of the Index of Prohibited Books Girl — Index-Librorum-Prohibitorum.