|Index: "What is this? Agathions?"|
The MangaChapter infoboxes are currently undergoing maintenance and upgrades. Please ignore any errors during this process.
The second chapter of the Toaru Majutsu no Index: Miracle of Endymion was released on March 12, 2013 in Monthly Shōnen Gangan.
And so the day ends with Touma carrying what Arisa's equipment, saying that as a Level 0 as well, he will support her dreams. Index supports as well, and in that moment Touma comments that Index too should work hard for her dreams. Assuming Touma offered her insult, a little argument breaks between the two, but they have been stayed as Arisa once again cries out with her voice. And in this fallen evening, all ears nearby turned towards her, even those who lied in the darkness.
The song she cried did not have any words. She tells that she is still writing them, thanking Touma and Index for the day, and says she will let them know when she's going to have her debut concert. But the days of peace are at an end, for the waters in the darkness stir. Witches appear and the elements of water, earth, and air, are cowed by them. Touma pushes the girls back into safety as the witches combine their powers to defeat him. But it was for naught, for Touma held out his right hand. Unscratched, Touma demands to know they are and why they are here. Then Marie was taken into the waters, and it was shown that Index had used Spell Intercept. Touma frees himself from the earth shackles of Mallybath, and in an explosion, she is gone away. But then, fires burn, and Stiyl Magnus appears, demanding to know why they attacked. He is their teacher, and they are his apprentices. The witches gather towards the priest that was clad in black as they lick their wounds. Touma shouts towards him, confused with the events that have unfolded. But Stiyl doesn't listen, and calls out his magic name, and engages Touma in battle.
Stiyl orders the witches to secure the target, to which Touma realizes would be Arisa. The beast known as Innocentius is summoned, and Touma charges forward with his right hand. Back with Arisa and Index, the former sees the battle take place, and sees a pillar that has piqued her interest. The fire made it fall, and Touma is caught. But Arisa cries again once more, and this time it is not a song but a cry for them to stop. With that, a miracle appears, Innocentius is dispersed and the pillar is torn in two, surprising everyone.
Suddenly, a black shining vehicle shoots out darts towards an unsuspecting Stiyl, who dodges them just in time. A girl pilots it, Shutaura Sequenzia, and with the arrival of the other machines, they have come for Stiyl and his ilk. They threw disks towards them, and Stiyl knows of its dangers, shouting for his students to dodge. Then, the darts him the disks, and great balls of fire engulfs the area. They survived, but the girl inside the machine makes an announcement to them, that they are the Civil Affairs Resolution Mediation Unit, and they shall not intervene. All four of the black clad magicians do not yield, and attack them. But they are not a match against them, and as a dart goes towards Stiyl's neck, it is cut down.
Kanzaki Kaori appears in the distance, telling them to withdraw. She comes down towards them, and Shutaura does battle with her. Kaori uses the steel wires, but they do not affect the machine. And thus she withdraws and tells Stiyl to come along with his students. Touma however calls towards him, asking why they attacked Arisa. And as they leave, Stiyl states that she could bring a war between the magic and science side. Touma tries to ask for more information, but they have already gone.
The black machine however has not. It crashes down before him, and from it, a girl with long black hair and body suit appears. Touma demands to know who they are, to which the girl says that they are in a special mission to maintain order within Academy City. Touma does understand, as he knows not what it has anything to do with Arisa, and asks if she is an enemy or an ally. Shutaura however, simply warns Touma to stay away from her, for he will surely die if he gets any more involved.
- Marie Spearhead, Mallybath Blackball, and Jane Elves with Stiyl Magnus attack Touma and company but are soundly defeated by the arrival of the Black Crow Unit.
- Meigo Arisa reveals her miraculous powers.
- Kamijou Touma, Index, and Meigo Arisa meet Shutaura Sequenzia.
- Imagine Breaker - Kamijou Touma, Level 0.
- People-clearing field - Anglican Church.
- Spell Intercept - Index.
- Fire magic - Stiyl Magnus.
- Innocentius - Stiyl Magnus.
- Nanasen - Kanzaki Kaori.
- Water magic - Marie Spearhead
- Earth magic - Mallybath Blackball
- Wind magic - Jane Elves
- Meigo Arisa's voice
- Earth Palette - Shuatura Sequenzia, Level 4
No new locations were introduced during this chapter.
- This marks the first appearance of the Black Crow Unit.
- Although only for a short time, this is the second time in both Index manga, for the forces of magic and science to do battle. The first being with Sherry Cromwell and Anti-Skill.
No referbacks were referenced in this chapter.
- Stiyl Magnus references the Golden Apple of Discord when talking about Arisa, an object found in Greek mythology.
- What is behing Arisa's voice that aided Touma?
- Is it related to Stiyl's warning that she will bring a war between magic and science side?
- Why would being with Arisa bring doom upon Touma?
- Touma: "I-I'm a Level 0 too... So I want to encourage anyone who works to make their dream come true regardless of level."-said to Arisa.
- Index: "Yeah, yeah! Seeing someone work hard for their future fills me with energy!"-said to Arisa.
- Shutaura: "We are the Civil Affairs Resolution Mediation Unit authorized by Academy City's Board of Directors. We will now begin a special intervention."
- Stiyl: "That girl is a golden apple who will invite discord. She could easily cause a war between the magic side and the science side." -said to Touma.
- Shutaura: "Let me warn you. Stay away from that girl. If you get anymore involved, you will die."-said to Touma.