The twenty-fourth chapter of the Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator manga was released on April 26, 2016.
Thinking fast, Hishigata transmits the data he had gotten to Qiong Qi and Taotie. Waiting for them to restart, he tries to buy some time by talking to Accelerator on why he ended up with the Coffins, a culmination of his 5 years of research. He says how they tried to figure out where esper powers come from in the body, eventually concluding that it comes from the soul as no matter what they did, the esper still had their powers even if they were chopped up. Hishigata says that he made the brain think that the machine that eventually would become the Coffin is part of the esper's body, dramatically increasing the power of the esper ability. However, Hishigata says he still can only do so in dead brains.
Accelerator is sickened by this, and tries to attack, but Hishigata tries to bluff him by saying that he will make Accelerator face off against an even more powerful Qiong Qi and Taotie using the transmitter to send the data he had gotten recently. Accelerator destroys it quickly with a kick of a rock. However, Hishigata finally reveals his ruse, saying that he had tricked them and that Qionq Qi and Taotie have begun restarting. Before him, Qiong Qi rises. With that, Hishigata and Hirumi leaves Accelerator to contend with the Coffins, as they prefer to create the perfect being.
- Hishigata transfers the formula/data that he acquired from Misaka 10046 and reactivates both Qiong Qi and Taotie.
- Accelerator (ability) - Level 5, Accelerator.
- Necromancy - Estelle Rosenthal
- Taowu-possessed corpse (Hirumi)
The concept of a soul is once again referenced, and synergizes with the concept also being referred to in the Toaru Kagaku no Railgun manga back with their original release.
There were no referbacks to previously released media this chapter.
There were no references to culture this chapter.
- What is Hishigata preparing Hirumi for?
- Misaka 10046: ""This city hasn't changed," says Misaka as sadness fills her heart."―Misaka 10046, after hearing how Hishigata chopped up esper bodies,
- Accelerator: "You're a hopeless villain. Take your delusions with you to the grave."―Accelerator after hearing Hishigata's explanation.