There are only 58 Teleporters in the entire esper population of Academy City, making it an exceedingly rare ability. Out of these 58, there are only 19 that can teleport multiple objects at once. Because of this rarity, there is a limited amount of knowledge on a Teleporter's AIM Diffusion fields, aside from the fact that they cannot teleport other people with the same ability due to possible contradictions in their respective calculations.
The theory behind teleportation is to get away from the 3 dimensions, find their position in the 11th dimension, and then calculate the vectors to teleport. Such calculations complexity can’t be compared to the simple commands that ordinary espers will have. As such once a teleporter is in pain, anxious or confused, or when the esper is unable to remain calm, they'll lose their calculating ability and thus won’t be able to use teleport. Moreover, since it still has vectors, Accelerator can still reflect it.
According to Accelerator, a teleporter would normally achieve clearance for Level 4 once they are able to Teleport themselves.
- Teleport (
空間移動Kūkan Idō (Terepōto)?, lit. "Spatial Movement") is the basic type of teleporter, with the ability to teleport the things they touch. They use their own body as the 'origin' or as the 'reference point' in their 11th dimension calculations.
- Move Point (
座標移動Zahyō Idō (Mūbu Pointo)?, lit. "Coordinate Movement") is a type of teleporter has the ability to teleport the things from one faraway point to another. They can freely teleport an object without using any reference in their calculations as long as it's within their range. This ability is slightly slower than that of a normal teleporter due to the fact that it is more calculation-intensive.
- Kill Point (
死角移動Shikaku Idō (Kiru Pointo)?, lit. "Blind-spot Movement") is a type of teleporter has the ability to teleport behind people. This isn't the actual ability name, but rather a name Accelerator made up on the spot when faced with a person with this ability. This type of teleporter bases their coordinates on other people due to the fact that they can't do the calculations on their own.
- Mass Teleport - Unknown type of teleport. As the name implies, it can be presumed that it allows the user to teleport several objects at a time.
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 08 Prologue
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 06 Between the lines 1
- ↑ Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Manga Chapter 006
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 08 Chapter 03 Part 1
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 20 Chapter 02 Part 10
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 15 Chapter 02 Part 12
- ↑ Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 03
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 10 Chapter 19 Part 3