Was there ever any indication to Kakine's age in the Light Novels? Like was he in highschool or college? I'd read the novels myself, but I can't get my hands on them and Baka-Tsuki's not done translating them yet, even though they've already done a ton. Thanks. HanShina 14:38, January 3, 2011 (UTC)
He's around the same age as Acelerator, but it is not certain. Vol15 never described his age, referring to him by name or 'Number Two of Level 5s' most of the time. Flere821 20:03, January 3, 2011 (UTC)
- If you are sure of this, then it is your duty to shine a light of truth, and in good faith, change it. I don't know of the few true editors left here, but I cannot do this for I have not read the 15th novel, and surely, my doubt will cloud my judgment.---220.127.116.11 13:10, January 14, 2013 (UTC)
Awakening is when an Esper receives incredible abilities as well as angelic features such as angelic wings. I'm pretty sure somewhere in the novel it stated that Kakine had awakened. But if it didn't we can still be pretty sure he did; considering the fact that he probably wouldn't choose to look like a seraph due to his fearsome personality (chp 43 of the railgun manga hints that pretty well). Not to mention he was far more powerful with the wings than without. So yeah... He did awaken... Cnguy21 (talk) 13:07, January 14, 2013 (UTC)
Kakine laughed and waved his completely awakened six wings down at Accelerator." This is a fragment of the light novel, volume 15, chapter 5, part 4. That is the only mention of the word "awaken" in the whole series. I am starting to thing that "Awakening" is just a fan-term
- If it is indeed a fandom term then it must be stated in the Awakening article or deleted all together, and all references to it in the other articles should be reworded, for this is a great misinformation and a disservice to the peoples who read the wiki.
- The only thing I could comprehend that would be similar to this concept, without reading the other novels pass the SS Novel, is that during Kihara Amata's final moments against Accelerator, he referred to his black wings as attaining another "clearance."--18.104.22.168 15:35, January 14, 2013 (UTC)
- In Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index light novel 06, chapter 4, part 4, Kakine shows that he doesn´t understand the nature of Accelerator wings at all, this shows that the term "Awakening" is fake and that the wings are a unique power of Accelerator.
Kakine's Status as of New Testament 6Edit
In the climax of New Testament 6, the being known as Rhinoceros Beetle 05 has become Kakine Teitoku while the original Kakine has been destroyed. How should this be reflected in Kakine's article? Should it be reflected in Beetle 05's article instead? --Tact 04:39, January 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Indeed, I am become concerned of this as well.
I believe Beetle 5 is a separate being than that of the Kakine Teitoku who was sundered by Accelerator's black wings, and was crumbled to dust in the latest novel. Not alone that it is due to his wholly different personality, but his choice of denying the Kakine Teitoku we know and becoming one that he could've been. He is separate from the old in both body and personality. This is not like Touma who is the same person but with a seemingly different mind from his past. Moreover, his deeds should not be counted along with Kakine Teitoku.
Furthermore, the words of Mugino Shizuri imply that Kakine Teitoku that we know of is yet gone.
Both are still Kakine Teitoku nonetheless. Therefore, I propose to name the Kakine Teitoku that was born from the success of the trials of his mind as Kakine Teitoku (Beetle 05), and Beetle 05 should become a redirect page for it.----22.214.171.124 05:44, January 24, 2013 (UTC)