This lists down the different news articles (excluding blog posts) related to the Toaru Majutsu no Index franchise. Only Hot News is displayed. Visit the Yearly News Archives for more.
News Archive by Year
- (March 14, 2017) Editor Miki Kazuma on a Season 3: "Please Wait a Little Longer": Aside from the announcement of the Index-Virtual On game collaboration project, light novel editor Miki Kazuma has issued a statement during the 2017 Dengeki Bunko Spring Festival, asking fans of the Toaru series to "wait a little longer for a Season 3". Further details regarding the statement are yet to be determined. Source: Anime News Network
- (March 14, 2017) Index-Virtual On Crossover Story Gets Game Adaptation: Dengeki Bunko has announced in their latest Spring Festival that they collaborated with game developer SEGA to release a game adaptation of the Toaru Majutsu no Virtual-On crossover novel for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita consoles. The game will be released on 2018. Source: Anime News Network
- (March 9, 2017) New Testament Volume 18 To Hit Shelves on May 10: Release details for the 18th volume of the Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index light novel series have been released on the Dengeki Bunko official website. Source: Dengeki Bunko
- (November 10, 2016) 48 Hours to Restore Order: Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 17 is released. As Academy City enters a restoration period following the end of the heat wave and the Elements, Touma and UFO girl Fran evade the Kamisato Faction while seeking a way to rescue the exiled Kamisato Kakeru and break Kihara Yuiitsu's hold on the girls.
- (August 10, 2016) Phew! What a scorcher!: Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 16 is released. An abnormal 50 degree heat wave has brought Academy City's infrastructure to a standstill and the city is infested by mysterious life forms known as Elements. In the middle of this crisis, Touma fights together with his classmates to gather water for their school, and joins the swimsuit girls of Tokiwadai Middle School for a counterattack against the threat.