|Touma: "All you've been doing was throwing this weird terminology at me."|
This article does not cite any references or sources.
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.
God's Right Seat (神の右席 Kami no Useki?, lit. "Right Seat of God") is a secret magical organization within the Roman Catholic Church. The organisation is originally established to advise the Pope on matters beyond human knowledge/comprehension, and is supposedly created close to the time when the Roman Catholic Church is established. As time went by, God's Right Seat got hold of even more power than the Pope himself, being able to control the rest of the Roman Catholic Church indirectly by coercing the Pope into following their orders, as shown when the current Pope is forced to give the order that leads to the '0930 Incident' at the end of Volume 11.
While the organization is supposed to be under the control of the Pope, in reality it is under the control of God's Right Seat, and of its leader Fiamma of the Right . Even before the World War 3, Fiamma actively targets Index, Kamijou Touma and Sasha Kreutzev, for he believes they possess the knowledge and keys to unlock the true powers of his Holy Right, so much so that he has sent his magicians and agents to Academy City .
After the events of Volume 22, it is confirmed that God's Right Seat was disbanded.
- Member of God's Right seat. Blessed with the nature of "God's Flame" and aligns to the Archangel Uriel. Her face is heavily pierced and at its top, she puts on heavy make-up. When she was a child, she went with her brother to an amusement park, and an accident occurred in which her brother died; thus, she grew up with a deep hatred against science and technology. She uses the spell "Divine Punishment", which takes away the consciousness of anyone who has any evil intentions towards her. She also utilizes hammers made of air to bludgeon her opponent. She is in Russia helping Sasha Kruezev to escape of Fiamma. She, Touma, Lessar, Sasha, and Elizarina fight Fiamma of the Right and are defeated.
- Member of God's Right Seat. Blessed with the nature of "God's Medicine", and aligns to the Archangel Raphael. A small man wearing a green robe. He uses the spell "Execution of Light", which can manipulate the hierarchy of everything around him. He also uses a guillotine made of flour, a byproduct of the "Execution of Light" spell. It seems that he knew something about Kamijou's Imagine Breaker, but it was never revealed as his confrontation with Touma in Vol.14 was interrupted by a missile from Academy City's forces, and afterwards met his demise at the hands of Aqua of the Back at the end of Vol.14
- His Sorcery name is Flere210, "The one who changes the reason of tears". Real name is William Orville. Blessed with the nature of "God's Power" and aligns with the Archangel Gabriel. He was formerly a mercenary for the Anglican Church but later changed his religion and joined God's Right Seat. He's also the only one who does not ignore the opinions of the Pope. Although he cannot use spells that are used by normal sorcerers, he is blessed with the spell "Divine Mother's Mercy", which nullifies the liabilities of certain special spells so that he could perform powerful spells under unfit conditions. He also has the capacity of a saint, so he is also endowed with super-human capabilities. On top of that, "Divine Mother's Mercy" nullifies the Limiter of the body so that he could use 100% of said capabilities as a saint. He also fought against Kaori Kanzaki- who also has the capacity of a saint- and displayed a great gap between their power. Finnaly, defeated with "Saint Destroyer". After the civil war in England he heads to Russia in order to stop Fiamma, and after draining Archangel Gabriel's power to 50% he could no longer fight in the war.
- Leader of God's Right Seat. Blessed with the nature of "Regard of God" and aligns with the Archangel Michael. According to him, he holds the symbol of miracles, "The Holy Right", but cannot use its full potential as of yet. In order to do so, he thinks that Index holds the answer to his dilemma. He heads out for England to take the external control of Index's John's Pen mode during the civil war and then to Russia searching for Sasha Kruezev who was possesed by Gabriel during the Angel Fall spell in the fourth arc of the series.
- He also believes that Touma's right hand is one of the keys to release the full potential of "The Holy Right".
The Archangel Uriel (in hebrew אוּרִיאֵ, God is my Light), uses the color yellow representing the element of wind and Mark Space exercises the wind as Uriel's element when performs his angelic magical rituals. In accord to Fiamma, this is a discrepancy caused by the Distortion of the Laws of the World. Now Uriel's element is the earth.