The game was later released for both the PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in Japan on November 13, 2014, with Kawada Mami performing the opening theme song "belief". The game is set for release on October 6, 2015 in North America and Europe.
An updated Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition (電撃文庫 FIGHTING CLIMAX IGNITION Dengeki Bunko Faitingu Kuraimakkusu Igunishion?), was launched on July 28, 2015, bringing in additional characters and more balanced gameplay.
The objective of the game is to defeat the opponent by either depleting their health as indicated by their health bar at the top or have the higher health at the end of a round as indicated by the counter at the top. To do this, the character use moves unique to the character to block, dodge, or attack the opposing character. A special bar located at the bottom of the screen fills up when attacking the opponent, which if filled can allow a character to use special attacks that yield greater damage than a regular attack after inputting the proper button combinations. The game uses a standard eight-way joystick and four buttons: A (weak attack), B (medium attack), C (strong attack), and D (support, to summon support characters). Players can also dash, back dash, and two levels of jump. The player can unleash special Impact Skill attacks and can use Blast icons for various Blast attacks.
The player can also use Assist characters, which can be used to aid the player with their unique moves, for example Kamijou Touma can be used to either block an opponent's attack or punch them. The Assist Character can only be used after a certain amount of time has passed in a round, at which point if the Assist Character is summoned the player needs to wait again before being able to use the character.
Apart from the classic Arcade mode, in the home version of the game, he Dream Duel is introduced, which includes new conversation events and battles. In Network mode, the player is able to face off against opponents across the country. The player is able to use in-game points to customize character colors and unlock special content, as well allow players to save data between PlayStation 3 and PS Vita.
Dengeki Bunko CharactersEdit
The roster consists of characters from light novel series under the Dengeki Bunko imprint. Although most characters come in pairs, some series included in the roster are exclusively assist characters. Special mention goes to Toaru Majutsu no Index, Sword Art Online, and Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, with each series having two characters being playable. Each additional characters (playables and assists alike) are scheduled to be added to the roster, starting from Q3 2014. As of Ignition, some characters like Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei characters Tatsuya and Miyuki Shiba are both playables and assist, if one of the playable character are selected, player cannot use the playable character's assist counterpart.
A colored background indicates extra post-release content.
|Sword Art Online||Konno Yuuki||LLENN|
|Netoge no Yome wa Onna no Ko Janai to Omotta?||Ako||Lucian|
SEGA Guest CharactersEdit
In Arcade version, Akira Yuki of Virtua Fighter was included in the game as a boss, with the character Pai Chan as an assist. They are later playable in the Console Version. With the appearance of Selvaria Bles of Valkyria Chronicles in console version, they will be unlockable after beating Arcade Mode in certain ways. Akira can be unlocked if the Climax Art finishers are not used in any stages, while Selvaria can be unlocked if the Climax Art finisher are used in any stages. Apparently, they are confirmed unplayable in Arcade and Dream Duel Modes for some reasons, until the Sega characters became regular characters since the Arcade Mode is changed into those of Dream Duel Mode.
|Virtua Fighter||Akira Yuki||Pai Chan|
|Valkyria Chronicles||Selvaria Bles||Alicia Melchiott|
- Game official site (in Japanese)
- ↑ Dengeki Bunko 20th Year Anniversary Collaboration Page, accessed October 11, 2013. (in Japanese)
- ↑ Dengeki Bunko FIGHTING CLIMAX to Follow in March from Shorkyuken. Retrieved on 2014/2/25.
- ↑ Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax dated in Japan. From Gematsu. Retrieved on 2014/8/9.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Dokuro-chan, Accelerator, Izaya Join Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Game as Support. from the Anime News Network. Retrieved on 2014/10/5.
- ↑ Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Heads West This Summer from the Anime News Network. Retrieved on 2015/01/30.
- ↑ |Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax release date set| fromGematsu. Published on August 6, 2015
- ↑ Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition launches in Japanese arcades on July 28. From Gematsu. Retrieved on 2015/8/3.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 FIGHTING CLIMAX』のアップデートを検討中!? 第2回全国大会決勝で寺田貴治さんがポロリ From Dengeki Online. Retrieved on 2015/8/3.
- ↑ Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Arcade Game's Gameplay Video Streamed. From the Anime News Network. Retrieved on 2014/2/25.
- ↑ New Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Game Coming This Summer. From the Anime News Network. Retrieved on 2015/8/3.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Has Ro-Kyu-Bu, Kino’s Journey, And Golden Time Characters In It from Siliconera. Retrieved on 2014/1/28.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 FIGHTING CLIMAX』の追加キャラが『魔法科高校の劣等生』の深雪と『とらドラ！』の大河に決定！ from Dengeki Online(Japanese). Retrieved on 2014/5/10.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 『電撃文庫 FIGHTING CLIMAX』に新キャラ追加！ 『ストライク・ザ・ブラッド』雪菜と『ブラック・ブレット』蓮太郎が参戦
- ↑ 『電撃文庫 FC新作（仮）』に『ヘヴィーオブジェクト』の“クウェンサー”（声優：花江夏樹）が参戦. Retrieved on 2015/06/09.
- ↑ Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition adds Sword Art Online’s Yuuki and LLENN via free DLC from Gematsu. Retrieved on 2012/12/9.
- ↑ http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-07/dengeki-bunko-fighting-climax-ignition-game-adds-and-you-thought-there-is-never-a-girl-online-characters/.99531
- ↑ Gameplay Information Released for Dengeki Bunko FIGHTING CLIMAX’s Tomoka Minato and Kirito from Shorkyuken. Retrieved on 2014/2/17.