Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
So what's going on with the name order? Is is western style or not? There are quite a few western names already in the series. Reasoning?--Sxerks 04:54, February 17, 2010 (UTC)
Ya, and u guys keep moving the pages around, from western to Jap. to bak again. Maybe a proper style should be discussed. Btw, when moving a page, sometimes its better to not suppress the redirect. ..AlienGamer (userpage ⁝ talk) 05:41, February 17, 2010 (UTC)
RE: Naming and then Some Edit
I've changed everything so that it follows native naming order (Japanese will have last name then first name, reverse goes to Western people) and the currently accepted spellings (i.e. Kamijou Touma). For others, I've used the names given in the Wikipedia article, though it can have some discrepancies. Redirects will be made later. As for official Hepburn romanizations, how and where shall we place it? On the article itself or on the infobox only?
Also, can we take down the Wikipedia snippet from this page? It's too bulky and it is already outdated given that there are new characters already added to its source page. ----Herald of meridian 00:51, March 10, 2010 (UTC)
Section Impovement Edit
We should open this topic -- yet again -- because I'm starting to doubt my decision to enforce a "last name-first name" naming system for Japanese characters. It's primarily because I can't do the same on the article itself, and that creates a discrepancy on the article. It's best that everyone active must join so that I can gather enough votes for the naming system you choose. heraldofmeridian♣ 02:49, September 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Since this is an English language Wiki, one would expect the names to be in "1st name - Last name" order.--Sxerks 03:50, September 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Discrepancy? How? Eastern order for Japanese names, and eastern order for English names is reserved for articles, not that you always have to address the former by their surname all the time. You can use their first name for summaries or whatever. Of course, if a particular character always uses or calls other characters by their last time, and never their first name, then it'd be something to note as a trivia, but you would probably use their first name always when addressing them. Imagker 07:26, September 5, 2010 (UTC)
- So a change is not really recommended, then? heraldofmeridian♣ 00:21, September 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, I don't believe there's a need for a change since the name order is mostly for articles only. It's a lot easier to search for those (mostly Japanese/AC characters) who have families by their surname. Imagker 07:06, September 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Okay then, that pretty much settles it. heraldofmeridian♣ 09:44, September 6, 2010 (UTC)
Well, just my 2 cents. Edit
But for this page, can we change it to involve the main characters, instead of having side characters like Mugino, Kakine, Seiri. I don't see Index on the top list even though she's a main character. Especially when I want to verify information, it's a bit troublesomeTeh Ping 14:29, December 8, 2010 (UTC)
If you are referring to the small list that appears on the main Category page, well, I'm afraid you can't do anything about that as far as I can acknowledge. The small list is probably automatically generated when a character article has the most recent edits or visits or something.---TheGreatEye 15:09, December 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Yep that's a new Wikia "feature", though we might be able to remove it. --Sxerks 18:28, December 8, 2010 (UTC)
Making the character image get bigger when you click on it Edit
I've tried something with the image so that when you click on it, you go to a page where you can zoom in and see all the detail. It's a really cool image! Feel free to roll back my edit if it doesn't work for you guys, I just wanted to see if I could help make the details more visible for people.
Cheers and keep up the great work!
Sena 22:01, October 10, 2012 (UTC)