|Index: "What is this? Agathions?"|
|Affiliation||British Royal Family|
Carissa (キャーリサ Kyārisa?) is the the second princess of the British Royal Family and the second eldest of Queen Elizard's daughters. She launches a rebellion and overthrows her mother but faces opposition against her younger sister and her allies. The fight between her forces and her allies, the Knights of England, against Villian's forces and her allies, Necessarius, sparks the English Civil War. During the civil war, it is revealed that she carries the sword Curtana Original, which grants to the wielder the overwhelming power of the Archangel Michael.
Of the three princesses, she possesses the aspect of "military affairs."
A woman in her upper 20's with blonde hair. She wears a red dress composed of bright red leather which gives off a suggestion of bondage related. The skirt appeared to be supported by a wire framework and is able to contract or expanded to an unnaturally large size like an umbrella. Kamijou Touma remarked that she was very gaudy looking compared to her sisters. 
From her first introduction, she doesn't interact well with the other members of her family and looks down upon her younger sister, Villian, even openly insults her. Once she begins her coup d’etat, Carissa assumes a more tyrannical nature and uncaring beliefs even to her own allies. Only until did Riméa finished her investigation and broadcasted Carrisa's true beliefs revealed more about her intentions and ideals. When Carissa had come to a conclusion that England would lose all it's value and even it's people would be looked down upon by other EU nations, if the country continued on its current course. She decided that the most effective means of maintain England's honor and peace would be through military force, with Curtana Original she would rise as historical tyrant only to fall later but not before sealing all the Curtanas and any possible means of reviving them. 
To Aru Majutsu no IndexEdit
English Civil War ArcEdit
- Main article: English Civil War
World War IIIEdit
- Main article: World War III
Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no IndexEdit
Lance of Gungnir ArcEdit
- Main article: Lance of Gungnir Arc
She is first seen with William Orwell and the Knight Leader after being temporarily released from the Tower of London for the emergency situation involving GREMLIN. As they prepared to leave to attack Sargasso from a naval port on the northernmost edge of Scotland, they had a brief discussion as to the readiness of the group before setting out in one of their Mobile Fortresses (the Queen Mermaid and the Hotel Aerial) for the alliance's operation. The Knight leader then got the conformation to leave and begin the assault.
On route she receives word that America and Russia will be a little delayed, and though the other two can enter as the second wave of attack, they determined that they will take all glory for themselves. William Orwell asks when Touma will get here, to which Carissa states that he should arrive by the second wave, and notes that due to Academy City's Supersonic Passenger Plane he may arrive before the American and Russian forces. As the island became visible, it is bombed by several Grape Jelly bombs and the Mont Blanc bombs. As the attack takes place, William notes on how Carissa's methods never change, and warn her that due to the incident she caused in England, the British Halloween, GREMLIN may had analyzed her methods. Carissa replies that if one removes all the waste and search for the optimal usage of one's weapons, everyone will ultimately arrive at the same place. She states that a military run by a nation needs is an attack method that is impossible to avoid even if you know it’s coming. As the begin to land on the island, Carissa isn't optimistic enough to think that the bombing was enough to kill all the members of GREMLIN, but believed that since they still have the physical body of a human, then they can be killed.
Landing on the island, they are informed that there is no need for gas masks for there were no toxic substances detected after the bombing. Thus, they and the British forces begin their search for GREMLIN. Then, they here a voice up on a wrecked tanker in the island welcoming them and introducing himself as Loki. He comments that "Lady Othinus" gave him the task of protecting the Sargasso of the North Sea with his life. His explanation is cut short however, after he is shot through the throat with an arrow fired via the Robin Hood spell. Loki then fell from the tip of the tanker he was standing on and slammed to the ground. Carissa then ordered all of her men to continue moving forward. He then suddenly rises, explaining that he is just an illusion and the real Loki is no where near the area. He further explains that he was suspicious of his teammates and worried about a spy, so he created an artificial sky over the true Sargasso and altered Marian Slingeneyer's notes. Reports from the landed forces state that the teams have found no trace of the magic god or the production of the lance in the island: it is completely empty. Carrisa and the others then realize they had indeed been led to a false Sargasso on the other side of the world. The illusion bids them farewell and disappears, just as the place is bombed.
Even without Curtana Original, Carissa demonstrated that she quite capable fighting with or against an entire group. Her intellect is also quite remarkable as she easily countered her opponent's tactics and abilities. With Curtana Original in hand, she fought nearly on even grounds against three Saint level opponents, and eliminated all her possible openings by exploiting the weakness in the group unity.
Other abilities she demonstrated with Curtana Original are:
- Sever dimensions with a cut
- She could run from Folkestone to Buckingham Palace by running as fast as a helicopter
- Strength almost equal to an angel
- Move and fight at supersonic speed
- Create a shield that can easily withstand blasts from a limit lifted sky fortress
Knight Leader commented that Carrisa could use all the powers he had with Hrunting all at the same time whereas he could only use them one at a time. 
Character Art DesignEdit
- (During volume 20) : “Oh, no. At this rate, those French bastards are going to capture me and then gang rape me to death” -- She jokingly stated this as her troops were losing morale to keep them motivated.
- (During volume 20) : “Having me take action is actually the greatest secret plan for England” -- As she revealed her ability to use the shards of the Curtana Second
- (To Acqua, Knight Leader and the others from NT Volume 8): “Gentlemen, it looks like America and Russia will be a little late. They will enter as the second wave of the attack just as I explained before. You know what we must do, right?”
- Curtana's Dimensional Cleavage Formula, like other spells such as Stiyl's Innocentius, can't be blocked by the Imagine Breaker at times; but Kanzaki mentioned to Touma in Volume 18's climax that if the Imagine Breaker comes into contact with the dimension cutter attack within 1.25 seconds of its activation, it can be stopped. After that, the attack becomes after-effects of magic and can't be blocked - with the metaphor given in the narratives as Touma can negate magic fire, but can't negate the ash it leaves.
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 17 Chapter 03 Part 4
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 18 Chapter 07 Part 6
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 20 Chapter 02 Part 5
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 20 Chapter 04 Part 4
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 21 Chapter 08 Part 1
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 21 Chapter 08 Part 2
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 08 Chapter 2 Part 5
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 08 Chapter 2 Part 8
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 18 Chapter 06 Part 11