|Index: "What is this? Agathions?"|
|Affiliation||British Royal Family|
Carissa (キャーリサ Kyārisa?) is the the second princess of the British Royal Family and the second eldest of Queen Elizard's daughters. She launches a rebellion and overthrows her mother, but faces opposition against her younger sister and her allies. Her forces and her allies, the Knights of England, fight against Villian's forces and her allies, Necessarius, for the throne, which sparks the English Civil War. During the civil war, it is revealed she carries the sword Curtana Original, which grants to the wielder the overwhelming power of the Archangel Michael.
Of the three princesses, she possess the aspect of "military affairs."
A woman in her upper 20's with blonde hair. She wears a red dress composed of bright red leather which gives off a suggestion of bondage related. The skirt appeared to be supported by a wire framework and is able to contract or expanded to an unnaturally large size like an umbrella. Kamijou Touma remarked that she was very gaudy looking compared to her sisters. 
From her first introduction, she doesn't interact well with the other members of her family and looks down upon her younger sister, Villian, even openly insults her. Once she begins her coup d’etat, Carissa assumes a more tyrannical nature and uncaring beliefs even to her own allies. Only until did Riméa finished her investigation and broadcasted Carrisa's true beliefs revealed more about her intentions and ideals. When Carissa had come to a conclusion that England would lose all it's value and even it's people would be looked down upon by other EU nations, if the country continued on its current course. She decided that the most effective means of maintain England's honor and peace would be through military force, with Curtana Original she would rise as historical tyrant only to fall later but not before sealing all the Curtanas and any possible means of reviving them. 
In Volume 20, she commands the military forces defending against the attack by France , and by the end of the volume, she is in a duel with the Maiden of Versailles who has the artifact Durandal. Carissa by then used her secret weapon: a shard of the Curtana Second that was chipped off when Elizard used it to duel with Carissa during the UK civil war, and can grant the wielder from the UK Royal family the power to turn it into the best weapon to defend the wielder against a attack. Against the Durandal the shard produced a sword of light with the shard as the hilt, with the narrative description sounding close to that of a "lightsaber." Carissa mentions the power of the shard is weaker than she thought it would be, even in the hands of Royalty.
In Volume 21, the shard is destroyed while fighting against the archangel. She then revealed that she held 10 more shards from the blade.
Even without Curtana Original, Carissa demonstrated that she quite capable fighting with or against an entire group. Her intellect is also quite remarkable as she easily countered her opponents tactics and abilities. With Curtana Original in-hand she: fought nearly on even grounds against three Saint level opponents, and eliminated all her possible openings by exploiting the weakness in the group unity.
Other abilities she demonstrated with Curtana Original are:
- Sever dimensions with a cut
- She could run from Folkestone to Buckingham Palace by running as fast as a helicopter
- Strength almost equal to an angel
- Move and fight at supersonic speed
- Create a shield that can easily withstand blasts from a limit lifted sky fortress
Knight Leader commented that Carrisa could use all the powers he had with Hrunting all at the same time whereas he could only use them one at a time. 
Character Art DesignEdit
- (During volume 20) : “Oh, no. At this rate, those French bastards are going to capture me and then gang rape me to death” -- She jokingly stated this as her troops were losing morale to keep them motivated.
- (During volume 20) : “Having me take action is actually the greatest secret plan for England” -- As she revealed her ability to use the shards of the Curtana Second
- Curtana's Dimensional Cleavage Formula, like other spells such as Stiyl's Innocentius, can't be blocked by the Imagine Breaker at times; but Kanzaki mentioned to Touma in Volume 18's climax that if the Imagine Breaker comes into contact with the dimension cutter attack within 1.25 seconds of its activation, it can be stopped. After that, the attack becomes after-effects of magic and can't be blocked - with the metaphor given in the narratives as Touma can negate magic fire, but can't negate the ash it leaves.
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 17 Chapter 03 Part 4
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 18 Chapter 07 Part 6
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 20 Chapter 02 Part 5
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 20 Chapter 04 Part 4
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 18 Chapter 06 Part 11