|Name (Kanji)||青髪 ピアス|
|Name (Romaji)||Aogami Piasu|
|Voiced By|| Kawahara Yoshihisa (Japanese)
Scott Freeman (English)
|Manga||Index Volume 01|
|Anime||Index Episode 01|
Aogami Pierce (青髪 ピアス Aogami Piasu?) is a character introduced in Toaru Majutsu no Index. A young man with perpetually closed eyes, he is an esper of a yet-unknown level and is a friend and fellow classmate of both Kamijou Touma and Tsuchimikado Motoharu, and often find themselves in comedic shenanigans when they're together.
Aogami Pierce, Touma, and Motoharu make up the "idiot trio" of their class (クラスの三バカ lit "the three idiots of the class", also known as デルタフォース or delta force), the reason being that not only at least two of them are Level 0 but also that the three of them have the poorest grades in the class and often have to do remedial lessons. Despite his low academic grades, he is surprisingly the class representative for Touma and Motoharu's class. His otaku knowledge is unmatched, and he has a fetish for just about any kind of girl. He lives as a freeloader in a bakery, and states that the reason he's staying there is because the uniforms look like maid outfits.
He is a self-admitted pervert, lolicon, stalker, and masochist as well as numerous other fetishes, to the point where he is labeled as "Fetish King". Expanding on this, he also intentionally does not do his homework so that he can receive punishment from his teacher Tsukuyomi Komoe. He apparently knows Komoe's address, as Touma got this piece of information from him, and suspects him as a stalker.
His future aspiration is "to become popular", and even goes as far as to write that on the future survey of his class. He is also fond of faking a kansai accent, a fact that prompts Touma to call him "fake kansai jin" in more than one opportunity, and points out that Aogami Pierce was born in a village full of rice fields, which he vehemently denies.
Chronology: Toaru Majutsu no IndexEdit
- Main article:Index Arc
He first appears the day after Mikoto causes a city-wide power outage. He is with Touma, taking up remedial classes, and is later called out by Tsukuyomi Komoe for being too noisy while he talks to Touma. He later gets Touma in trouble with Komoe and the rest of the class.
Much later into the arc, in the original novel, Touma is able to discover Komoe's address after asking Aogami Pierce, whom he suspects is a stalker.
Deep Blood ArcEdit
- Main article:Deep Blood Arc
Aogami Pierce is the first person from his old life he meets up with, and is surprised by Touma's dull expression when they meet. Much more, he is surprised by Touma being with Index, and assumes her to be a boy that looks like a girl, much to her irritation. After Touma irritates Index to the point where he is forced to treat her to a meal, Aogami Pierce mooches off him. They later come upon Himegami Aisa, where Aogami Pierce takes pictures of her since she is beautiful. He is later wierded out by the appearance of cram school teachers from Misawa Cram School, escorting Aisa away. He later parts ways with Touma.
- Main article:Sisters Arc
Although he does not appear in the original novel, Aogami Pierce, along with Tsuchimikado Motoharu, are with Touma, listening to Komoe's remedial class.
Angel Fall ArcEdit
- 'Main article:Angel Fall Arc
Due to the effects of Angel Fall, Index takes the form of Aogami Pierce, much to Touma's horror, Index is thoroughly abused throughout the arc as a result.
Three Stories ArcEdit
- 'Main article:Three Stories Arc
In one of his most character defining scenes, Aogami Pierce accompanies Tsuchimikado and Touma, with the latter asking for help in his homework. After Touma complains about them talking about their fetishes and not helping him out with his homework, Aogami Pierce goes into a long outburst talking about the kind of girls he likes, as well as boys who look like girls. In the original novel, they later get into fight after Tsuchimikado discovers that his sister refers to just about anyone, Touma and Aogami Pierce included, as 'onii-chan', a term that should be reserved only to him.
Later, Aogami Pierce and Tsuchimikado are later surprised as Misaka Mikoto approaches Touma, and is later bewildered by the two leaving.
Kazakiri Hyouka ArcEdit
- 'Main article:Kazakiri Hyouka Arc
Aogami Pierce returns to A Certain High School, and with his carefree nature, relieves Touma of the fears of people suspecting something off about him (his memory loss), making fun of him forgetting his homework, which the 2/3rd of the class has forgotten as well. He later becomes excited about the upcoming transfer student, though becomes concerned on how Touma is starting to act all weird after hearing about it. He later becomes angry at Touma like the rest of the class for being familiar with the transfer student, which everyone is mistook Index for.
Daihasei Festival Arc (Index)Edit
- 'Main article:Daihasei Festival Arc (Index)
He, Touma, and the rest of the class are in a stupor, but is later motivated to victory in their next competition after seeing Komoe and their class being made fun of by a fellow teacher. Here, Aogami Pierce shows his agility in the competition, using the opportunity that he is being broadcasted on TV to attract girls. He later falls after Touma distracts him.
Academy City Invasion ArcEdit
- Main article:Academy City Invasion Arc
Before the invasion of Academy City by Vento of the Front, Aogami Pierce enjoys a pleasant highschool student day with his friends, but is later beaten up Fukiyose Seiri for causing a ruckus. In the novels, he is with Tsuchimikao in the School District 7 Underground Shopping Center, and teases Touma about being with Last Order, and as their perversion begins showing, Touma runs away from them.
- 'Main article:Skill-Out Uprising
Still having a cheerful outlook even after the disaster of that befell Academy City, he and the rest of the class discuss on what food to indulge in before the prices of food go up as a war is brewing. Tsuchimikado's suggestion later wins out in the end, and they eat at a hidden store near the Underground Mall along with the rest of class, and Index.
Document of Constantine ArcEdit
- 'Main article:Document of Constantine Arc
He, Touma, Tsuchimikado, and Seiri, get in trouble after arguing about bunny suits, and later tasked by Oyafune Suama to weed behind the gym. Expectantly, he and Tsuchimikado ditch the work, leaving Touma and Seiri alone.
Acqua of the Back ArcEdit
- 'Main article:Acqua of the Back Arc
Not having anything in the cafeteria for lunch, he and the rest of the class decide to go out for lunch. He follows an elaborate plan they created, but is later betrayed by Tsuchimikado and left to be bait for their teacher, the gorilla-like Saigo, but is all over naught, as he ignores Aogami Pierce and goes after the rest instead.
English Civil WarEdit
- 'Main article:English Civil War
Aogami Pierce and the rest of class discuss on what their class would do for Ichihanaransai, and argues with Tsuchimikado about maids and waitresses.
Chronology: Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no IndexEdit
Ichihanaran Festival ArcEdit
- Main article:Ichihanaran Festival Arc
Aogami Pierce reappears with Tsuchimikado Motoharu doing the preparations for the Ichihanaransai, meeting up with Touma after he was dragged around town by Fukiyose Seiri, and reuniting the three idiots for the first time since the start of the English Civil War. Aogami Pierce adds to Tsuchimikado's comments, lamenting that their school does not have a school girl beauty contest, unlike Eiri High School. He later gets into an argument with both Tsuchimikado and Touma after the latter points out that they shouldn't go too crazy with what their presenting for the festival as they are being watched. Here, Aogami Pierce references Touma breaking other people's illusions, asking what's wrong with them, and asks if he is one of those people who claims victory after shooting down everyone else's ideas. Their fight however, is stopped by the timely arrival of Seiri.
Aogami Pierce reappears during the festival, apparently part of a takoyaki stand. When he went out to get some flour, he notices Uiharu Kazari befuddled by little girls surrounding. Seeing that she is part of Judgment and in that situation, some strange inspiration comes out of Aogami Pierce and becomes excited. This is short lived as Konori Mii, a member of Judgment as well, calls out to him for questioning, deeming him to be a suspicious person. Shirai Kuroko is with her and questions her on why they couldn't just throw him into a cell, as there are cases and mysterious reports that are needlessly driving down their efficiency, especially about rampaging Rhinoceros beetles. Mii says not to take her frustration on Aogami Pierce, to which she then asks for his belongings to check them.
That was the 43rd time he has been questioned by authorities that year.
His powers and level is still unknown. Rumors abound in the fandom that he is a powerful esper, or the sixth Level 5, but the latter is unfounded. He also very agile and quick, as shown when he is able to avoid many esper attacks in the first match of Daihaseisai, and is was once considered by the pre-memory loss Touma as tough, alongside with Misaka Mikoto. Whether or not Touma considers Aogami Pierce as strong as a Level 5 Misaka Mikoto, or just an abitrary list of people he considers strong is currently unknown, and any opinion regarding a comparison between Aogami Pierce and Mikoto is forever lost after Touma loses his memories.
Toaru Majutsu no Index: Love Letter CompetitionEdit
- Main article:Toaru Majutsu no Index: Love Letter Competition
Aogami Pierce is present when Kumokawa Seria enters their room with a love letter for Touma, who is absent at the time, much to his irritation.
Toaru Majutsu no Index-tanEdit
Aogami Pierce appears alongside Tsuchimikado in the first episode as hosts in a shopping channel, where they present the Cleaning robot as a product. The sketch ends as Kaori slashes them for Aogami trying to force her to say the Nanasen pun over and over again.
In the 2nd episode, Aogami Pierce with Tsuchimikado again, talks to a skeptical Touma about a scary rumor regarding a car that is moving without someone in the driver's seat, which is actually Tsukuyomi Komoe driving and humming a scary tune.
In the fourth episode, Aogami Pierce's voice can be heard celebrating after Touma announces to the entire class that Seiri is wearing a front hook bra.
Aogami's design was introduced in volume 2 despite appearing in volume 1. Here, Haimura references that his design was inspired from a certain major RPG's protagonist.
Along with other characters, like Touma, Aogami Pierce was not spared with the drastic change in the design of characters. The artstyle has become even more deformed, with bigger heads, and shorter arms and legs.
- Within his jokes he has referenced many mishaps that Touma is going to encounter or has encountered already; even those that he keeps a secret. It is unknown if this is the author's sense of irony or if Aogami actually has a way of knowing what exactly is going on. Motoharu has done that as well, but it is clear that he knows about Academy City's secrets.
- (During Vol 5) : "Ha, you’re too naïve, Kami-yan. I have a wide range of acceptance when it comes to women: not just fallen female main characters but also foster sisters, foster mothers, foster daughters, twins, widows, senpais, kouhais, fellow classmates, teachers, childhood friends, ojousamas, blondes, brunettes, brown-haired, silver-haired, long-haired, medium-haired, short-haired, girls wearing bobby pins, wavy-haired, twintails, ponytails, one-sided ponytails, twin braids, ahoges, curly-haired, girls in sailor clothes, blazers, judogi, kyuudougi, kindergarten nurses, maids, policewomen, witches, shrine maidens, nuns, military women, secretaries, lolis, shotas, tsunderes, cheerleaders, stewardesses, waitresses, goth girls wearing black, goth girls wearing white, girls in China dresses, frail girls, albino girls, fantasists, girls with split personalities, queens, princesses, thigh-high socks, garterbelts, girls who cross-dress as guys, girls who wear glasses, girls who wear an eyepatch, girls who wear bandages, girls in school swimsuits, one-piece swimsuits, bikinis, V-shaped bikinis, bikinis that barely cover anything, youkai, ghosts, animal-eared girls, etc.- any female is within my area of acceptance."
- (During Vol 9) : "I’ll go first, Kami-yan. Watch how this comedian crushes the irritating aura of those corrupted elites! WA!!"―During a Daihaseisai event
- (During Vol 12) : "When you invoke those words, a weird girl appears tumbling for some reason. Aah yes, it always happens to you! If it's Kami-yan, then it seems like it could be anything and even a super electric robot girl or an oujou-sama fairy spirit from a spring are unable to resist the call!!" ―In answer to Kamijou Touma's "I want an encounter" line.
- (During Vol 17) : "Heh…you fool. There's no rule saying someone who loves maids can't fall in love with waitresses. However, there’s nothing wrong with the pure feelings causing one to stand up for the honor of one's favorite genre."―To Motoharu.
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 01 Chapter 1 Part 5
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 02 Chapter 1 Part 3
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Manga Volume 5.5
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 01 Chapter 2 Part 1
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 12 Chapter 1 Part 6
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 01 Chapter 1 Part 4
- ↑ Toaru Majutsu no Index Episode 10
- ↑ Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 05 Chapter 1 Part 3
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 06 Chapter Part 6